Local Electronic/Dance Music Tutorials
If you are in the Melbourne area, I offer 1 on 1 tutoring sessions for anything related to electronic/dance music. Tutorials are quite open and can consist of almost anything, for example:
- Mixing, tweaking or generally improving your in-progress track: bring your tracks on DVD, or bring your laptop and plug directly into the soundcard!
- How to setup and start using Live or Logic
- Start a track from scratch, build something from the ground up!
- Ableton Live, Logic Studio tutorials. From the very beginning basics to advanced usage.
- Any sort of electronic music production question, tip, trick or effect you might want to learn.
- Tutoring can take place at my studio, or yours (depending on location).
- Prices are $30 per half hour at my studio, $35 per half hour at yours (to cover extra travel costs/time)
- For some background info and qualifications, check out the Why Choose Mixplant area.
Take that small step and contact me to get set up!
Production Video Tutorials
If you’re not in the Melbourne area, you can check out the the successful video series I have created, available from Groove3.
Mixing Electronic Music
See how I mixed down my remix of the classic track “Fine Day” in 4 hours of video tutorials purely focused on mixing!
If you are interested in making your own beats, basslines, synths, arrangement and FX for dance music, these are the videos you want to check out. All three of the video series are created using Ableton Live, but 90% of the content can be used with any available modern day DAW.
There’s also a bundle deal available as well!
Remote Electronic/Dance Music Tutorials (In Progress)
I’m currently investigating and testing the best way to do screen sharing tutorial sessions. Skype, iChat, Go2Meeting etc can screen share fine for most things, but I’ve found that the audio quality isn’t good enough to make critical mix decisions. If you have any suggestions, please contact me!